Budget travel, Family Reunion, food, Girls Getaways, Golf, Group Organizers, group travel, Guys Getaways, Health & Wellness Retreat, Milestone Birthday, Spa Weekend Getaway, Theme Vacations, Wallet Happy Vacations, Wine & Rum
If you’re the lucky person who has been asked to organized next year’s travel event, this is the time of year where you’re trying to decide where to go. At most, you’ve collaborated surveys and polls and researched past trips the group has taken in effort to help make a beneficial decision on where to take the group in 2013. But, after careful consideration, you still can’t come up with a destination that you feel will be fun, yet different. To say the least, your goal is to make this group trip one to remember and base it on a theme and NOT a destination. Aside from that, your final request is to make the process smooth and worry free.
If that’s your story then join the many other group organizers worldwide who are singing the same song! Year after year, people who organize group vacations find themselves in the same position around the same time of year. That is, until NOW. Specializing in theme vacations for Families & Groups, I know just how challenging it can sometimes get when trying to plan a vacation for lots of people. The sweet reward is that I’ve come to realize it’s not the amount of people I plan for; it’s finding a common interest. HUGE difference!
Here are some themes for your group that can rock out 2013!
- Health & Wellness Retreat-Each year in St. Lucia, the island hosts a Health & Wellness Retreat. This is an awesome time to bring together your mother, sisters, cousins and gym buddies. Lots of events are planned for the entire weekend the event is held. Last month was the 3rd year the island hosted the Health & Wellness Retreat. It seems that the time hops between September – November so be sure to check the exact dates before announcing dates to your group.
- Milestone Birthdays– Ahhhhh, we see these a lot here at Wallet Happy Vacations. What better way to celebrate Sweet 16, Legal 18, Big 21 & Over The Hill than gathering up all of your family and close friends and embark in Miami for a 7 night sail on Carnival Conquest and head to the Caribbean Islands? Sounds chaotic? Nope! With the right planning, this will go so smooth that you end up with a FREE cabin!
- Family Reunions– A very popular choice for the past 10 years is hosting your Family Reunion abroad. Whether it’s on a Carnival Cruise or the Caribbean Islands, most people have pulled away from the traditional family gathering held at the elder’s house in the Southern States. *Tip* if you consider a cruise you may want to book as early as 13-18 months in advance as summer cruises fill up quicker. Now is a good time to hold a family meeting and discuss. If enough time is given, payment plans will be offered to your group.
- Spa Weekend Getaway– If you’re like me, next to family time, there is no time like spending it with the girls. Spa Weekends are becoming a very popular group travel trend. Here, you can request specialty packages customized to your group’s needs as with any other theme vacation. Now, the trick here is to find an ideal location. Honestly, you don’t want any resort or hotel that’s going to be super busy or chaotic. May I suggest the Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa located in Ocho Rios, Jamaica? Very low key resort situated in a secluded area of the island right outside of downtown Ocho Rios. I promise you’ll love it!
- Golf, Golf and more Golf– Just like us, guys need their time alone, too. Why not gather up your boys and head to West Palm Beach for a weekend of unlimited golf @ the PGA National Resort & Spa. Many Caribbean destinations like Jamaica, Mexico and St. Lucia all cater to the golf lover as well. So go ahead guys! Make it happen.
- Food & Wine + Rum– Who said the best food is local? This is the perfect theme group vacation. St. Lucia, Turks & Caicos, Barbados and Mexico are no strangers when hosting food and wine events. Amongst the many activities offered to guests at Food & Wine & Rum events are cooking classes, rum & wine seminars and depending on which island you choose, you could be in for a seafood or barbeque party! Visit the official websites of the islands mentioned above to see when the events will take place for 2013.
So there you have it, our top theme vacation categories for 2013. I hope that you will find this information to be rewarding to you and your group. Wallet Happy Vacations is a full service, licensed and accredited family owned travel agency specializing in theme vacations for families and groups. We know how stressful it can get for group leaders to organize group travel. We invite you to leave the planning to us!
Anitra R. Byers
Travel Professional / Owner
Wallet Happy Vacations